Definite scoring only considers the unexpected events in v2 and does not compare . These events may or may not be present in the baseline. Definite scoring is simple and easy to interpret. Definite scoring works based on the following factors:
- For every unexpected cluster that is in v2 and not in v1, the overall score is reduced.
- For all unexpected clusters present in both v1 and v2, overall score is reduced only when the number of logs of that cluster are higher in v2.
- There is no normalization, hence definite scoring may not work if the log file is too large.
- Score Reduction is higher at higher sensitivity levels.
- By default, definite scoring will give a score of 0 (fail) whenever there is a critical error.
Score Reduction is higher for clusters with higher criticality.
To set the Definite Scoring algorithm follow the steps below:
- 1.Click on "New Application" button to create a new application as shown below:
2. Following application details appears as shown below:
3. In the above form after adding the application details you need to add. To know more on how to add an application click here.
4. After you add the application details, you need to add the services to the application. To know more on how to add an application click here.
5. Next, you get the option to select the type of service you want to add. The options are:
- Test Verification
Refer to the image below:
6. To add a log template select Verification or Test Verification type. The following options appear and click "+" Symbol:
7. Select Definite Scoring from the drop-down while creating new Log Template as shown below: