Definite scoring only considers the unexpected events in v2 and does not compare . These events may or may not be present in the baseline. Definite scoring is simple and easy to interpret. Definite scoring works based on the following factors:
- For every unexpected cluster that is in v2 and not in v1, the overall score is reduced.
- For all unexpected clusters present in both v1 and v2, overall score is reduced only when the number of logs of that cluster are higher in v2.
- There is no normalization, hence definite scoring may not work if the log file is too large.
- Score Reduction is higher at higher sensitivity levels.
- By default, definite scoring will give a score of 0 (fail) whenever there is a critical error.
Score Reduction is higher for clusters with higher criticality.
To set the Definite Scoring algorithm follow the steps below:
- 1.Click on "New Application" button to create a new application as shown below:
2. Following application details appears as shown below:
5. Next, you get the option to select the type of service you want to add. The options are:
- Test Verification
Refer to the image below:
6. To add a log template select Verification or Test Verification type. The following options appear and click "+" Symbol:
7. Select Definite Scoring from the drop-down while creating new Log Template as shown below: