Metric Template is used to perform the metric analysis. For metric templates, we have provided two categories. They are as follows:
- CUSTOM - For Custom metric templates you have to define the metrics based on your requirements and specifications.
User can create a Metric Template while adding a "Verification Gate" to the application. To create a metric template follow the steps below:
User can add the Verification Gate after creating a pipeline to the application.
- 1.After creating a pipeline, go to "Pipeline Builder" page and select your pipeline and then click "Add Stage".
2. Next, you get the option to select the type of stage. Select the "Verification Gate" from the drop down menu.
3. After selecting Verification gate, the following options appear and click "+" Symbol to create a metric template:
4. The following Screen appears:
Next we will learn how to create each type of metric template.
1. Enter the Metric Template Name in the text box.
2. Select APM Monitoring Provider from the drop-down. In this example, we will select DataDog.
3. Select the Account from the drop-down. This list will appear based on the APM Monitoring Provider selected.
4. Select the Application from the drop-down. This list will appear based on the APM Monitoring Provide and the account selected.
6. Click Next. Refer to the image below:
The INFRA Metrics form appears as shown below:
- 1.Select the Monitoring Provider from the drop-down.
- 2.Select the Infrastructure Account from the drop-down. This list will appear based on the Monitoring Provider selected.
- 3.Click Next.
The Metric Config screen appears as shown below:
- 1.Select the Metric Scope Placeholder from the drop-down.
- 2.Enter the Baseline in the text box.
- 3.Enter the New Release in the text box.
- 4.Click the radio button if you want to apply load-based information.
- 5.Click the radio button to set the Threshold for Metric Failure.
- 6.Click Save.
Once the Metric Template is created it will appear in the list while configuring verification gate for an application as shown below:
To create a custom metric template, follow the steps below:
- 1.On the new metric template screen select the CUSTOM tab as shown below:
2. Enter the Metric Template Name in the text box.
3. Select the Datasource from the drop-down.
4. Select the Accounts from the drop-down. This list will appear based on the datasource selected.
5. Enter the Filter Key in the text box.
6. Enter the Baseline in the text box.
7. Enter the New Release in the text box.
8. Enter the Query Name.
9. Enter the Query String.
10. Select the Risk Direction from the drop-down.
11. Enter the Threshold percentage.
12. Select the Critical checklist if required.
13. Select the Watchlist check box if required.
14. Set the Weightage in the Weight text box.
15. Click Save.
Once the Metric Template is created it will appear in the list while adding a service for an application as shown below: