Log template is a type of template which is used for doing log analysis. User can create a Log Template while adding a "Verification Gate" to the application. To create a log template follow the steps below:
User can add the Verification Gate after creating a pipeline to the application.
- 1.After creating a pipeline, go to "Pipeline Builder" page and select your pipeline and then click "Add Stage".
- 2.Next, you get the option to select the type of stage. Select the "Verification Gate" from the drop down menu.
- 3.After selecting Verification gate, the following options appear and click "+" Symbol to create a log template:4.
- 4.The New Log Template form appears as shown below:This Log template is independent of the data sources created. There can be multiple data sources. But for individual projects there can be individual log templates.In the above form you can do the following:
- Enter the Log Template Name in the text box.
- Select the provider from the Logs Monitoring drop-down. Based on the selection there will be new options added. In this example, we will select Elastic Search. Once selected, the new options are shown in the image below:
- Select the Log Account from the drop-down. This list will appear based on the accounts created in the data source under elastic search and update the required details as shown in the image above.
- Select the Level of Sensitivity from the drop-down. Sensitivity means the importance of warning or error. For example - If the sensitivity is high any error or warning will be considered as highly sensitive and the penalty in the final risk score will be more. If medium or low, the penalty in the risk score will be moderate or low respectively.
- Click Next.
After clicking Next, the Log Topic screen appears as shown below:
In the Log Topic screen, is where the intelligence is provided to the application. Here we have listed some of most common errors in the industry and categorized them as Critical, Error, Warn and Ignore. The categorization has been done based on industry standards. For example - OutofMemoryError is a show stopper. We have also provided the option for you to change the category based on your requirements.
In the above screen you can do the following:
- 1.Click the Characterization Topic drop-down to change the category of the error. So for example, you can set the OnOutOfMemoryError to WARN from CRITICAL. Refer to the image below:
- 2.Click the Delete icon to delete a string pattern as shown below:
- 3.Click the + icon to add a new log topic as shown below:
- 4.Once you click the icon, a new row will be added with the type as custom. Enter the string and set the category as shown below:
- 5.Click Next.
After you click Next, the Log Tags screen appears. As a user, you might want to give some business logic related input to the analysis. The Log tags helps you to do the same. In this screen you can set the Scoring Algorithms and the cluster tags. Issues like Infrastructure, build error, etc. you can pre-define them in this screen. Refer to the image below:
To add a scoring algorithm, click the Scoring Algorithm drop-down and select the type of algorithm as shown below:
There are 4 types of algorithms. They are:
To add a cluster tag, follow the steps below:
- 1.Enable Cluster Tag radio button as shown below:
- 2.Click the plus icon to add a tag. Enter the name of the tag and click Save Tag. Refer to the image below:
- 3.The created tag will now appear on the select list. Select the tag as shown below:
- 4.Click the + icon to add a new cluster tag string as shown below:Once you click the icon, a new row will be added. In the above screen, select the tag as Build Error and enter the Cluster Tag String in the text box.
- 5.Click Submit.Once the Log Template is created it will appear in the list while configuring a verification gate as shown below: