Comment on page
OpsMx Argo Sandbox Guide
- 1.You would need a valid Google/Gmail ID to log into the ARGO Sandbox environment.
- 2.After a successful login, the ArgoCD user interface (UI) appears as shown below.
3. The user can access project details, repositories, accounts, certifications, clusters, and other information by clicking the “Settings” button on the left side of the screen.
4. By clicking the “Projects” tab from the screen above, the user can access the cluster and namespace details as shown below.
Follow the steps below to create a new application in ArgoCD.
- 1.Click "+NEW APP" or "CREATE APPLICATION" button to create a new application in ArgoCD.
2. After clicking "+NEW APP" or "CREATE APPLICATION" button, provide the required parameters as shown in the image below.
- Application Name: Provide the application name that you need to create
- Project Name: Click on Project name and select the project from the drop-down menu
- SyncPolicy: Select as Manual. (If you select automatic, all changes/commits made to the git repository will be updated automatically without any human intervention.)
3. Scroll down to update the "Source" parameters as shown in the image below.
- Repository URL: Click on Repository URL and select the available URL from the drop-down menu
- Revision: Select revision as HEAD
- Path: Click on Path and select the available path from the drop-down menu. (If paths are not highlighted check in the git repository URL)
4. Scroll down to update the "Destination" parameters as shown in the image below.
- ClusterURL: Click on Cluster URL and select the available URL from the drop-down menu
- After updating the above parameters click "CREATE" button to complete the application creation.
5. After clicking the "CREATE" button, your application will be created in ArgoCD UI as shown in the image below.
6. After create an application, click on the application to get a Synchronize option and then click "SYNC" button.
7. After you click the "Sync" button, the application will be synced and deployed into the target cluster, which is the namespace that you specified when you created the application.
8. After a successful sync, the application health will be updated as shown in the image below.
- 1.Click on the "Pod" to perform the verification.
2. Pod detail window displays a summary, events, and logs.
3. Click on logs to see the pod logs.