Add services and pipelines
After creating the main application, you need to add the components to the application. These components are known as services/microservices. A microservice is always associated with an application. To know more about how to create an application, click here.
- 1.After clicking the Save and Next button, the following screen will appear:
2. Enter the Service Name in the text box and click Save. The following options screen will appear:
In the above image, a pipeline test_Service has been created along with the service. Click the test_Service pipeline to make changes to the pipeline. After clicking, the following options will appear:
Type: Select the type of gate using the drop-down, the options are Approval, Verification, Test Verification, and Policy. A gate is an access point that allows you to stop the pipeline to automatically go to the next stage. A gate helps you to manually intervene and verify or approve a stage of the pipeline before moving on to the next stage in the sequence. The following are the options:
If you select the gate type as "Approval", you can do the following:
- Select the connector from the drop-down. The available connectors are:
- Select the Account from the drop-down.
- Select the template from the drop-down.
If you select the gate type as "Verification", you can do the following:
If you select the gate type as "Type Verification" you can only add a log template as shown below:
If you select the type "Policy" you will be to select the Policy from the Policy Configuration field as shown below:
- After selecting the type some common fields appears irrespective of the type selected. They are as follows:
- Environment: Any gate is associated with an environment. An environment can be a testing environment, a staging environment, or a production environment. Each environment is distinct and will have different credentials. Based on the environment the stages of a pipeline will vary. Click the drop-down and select Add Environment and then enter the name of the environment.
- Gate Name: Enter the name of the gate in the text box.
- Click Save to add the gate. You can add multiple gates to one service. Click the Add New Gate button as shown below:
- When you are trying to add a second gate you can set the dependency of the new gate on a previous gate. To do so, select the previous gate from the Depends On drop-down.
- After adding multiple gates to a service the Pipeline View will appear as shown below: