This is an older version of the document. To view the most recent version of the document, click here.
- GitHub Teams, this is a group of organization members that reflects company or groups structure with cascading access and permissions to the repositories.
- Roles from GitHub are mapped to the members under a specific organization.
- Login to the GitHub console, as an admin user of the organization.
- Navigate to ‘Developer Settings’, under Settings and click on ‘Personal Access Tokens’
- To generate a new token Click on ‘Generate New Token’
- Provide a name for the Token. (E.g. Spinnaker-Team)
- Select a Scope of access for the users ‘read:org’
- To finalize the token creation, click on ‘Generate Token’.
- From the above steps, ensure to have admin personal token in hand.
- Execute the below Halyard commands, to Configure GitHub Teams to SpinnakerTOKEN=<Admin-Token Name> # Personal access token under admin accountORG=<Admin Org Details> # GitHub Organizationhal config security authz github edit \--accessToken $TOKEN \--organization $ORG \--baseUrl https://api.github.comhal config security authz edit --type githubhal config security authz enable