Unified logs report to track issues
ISD has a feature to collect all the service logs to identify the errors and resolve them with immediate effect by the OpsMx support team. ISD allows you to fetch all the service logs and this data needs to be collected and shared with OpsMx support teams for faster, more accurate, and more efficient support.
This feature helps you reduce the time to identify the issues and resolve them immediately. To enable this feature, the customer needs Elasticsearch to store and search your data and kibana to visualize and manage it. To do follow the instructions below.
- Installed ISD
- 1.To install ELK and kibana Central Logging needs to be enabled. Get the values.yaml file that is used for ISD installation and add enablecentralLogging in values.yaml parallel to the global section at the root level.enableCentralLogging: true
- 2.Helm upgrade is required to reflect the change that is performed in the above step. Execute the command below to perform helm upgrade.helm upgrade <release-name> . -f <values.yaml> -n <namespace> -timeout=6mNote: The release name and namespace should be the same which is used for ISD installation.
- Execute the following command to see the release name, namespace, revision version, deployment detail, chart version, and ISD version.helm ls -n elk
To view the unified log reports, kibana service needs to be accessed via port-forwarded and the user can generate the logs report as a CSV file. To do, follow the instructions below.
- 1.Execute the following command to access the kibana service via port-forwarded.kubectl port-forward svc/<RELEASE_NAME>-kibana 8081:5601 -n NAMESPACEKeep running, it shows messages such as "Forwarding from 127.0.0.1:8081 -> 5601”.
- 2.Now open your browser and navigate to http://localhost:8081 and kibana dashboard appears as below:
- 3.Click Discover, from the kibana dashboard main menu.
- 4.Locate the fields below, and then add them from the list of Available fields.
- 5.When all three fields are added, the main screen displays as follows:
- 6.Search for logs of all pods running in the ISD namespace using the field below. Change the date as needed; it will be within the last 15 minutes by default. kubernetes.namespace_name: <NAMESPACE>
- 7.Click on save and save with a Title.
- 8.Click on Share and Generate CSV to generate a CSV report.
Share the downloaded CSV file with the OpsMx support team on request for troubleshooting an issue that is reported.