- Click the Start Manual Execution button to run a pipeline manually as shown below.
- A confirmation dialog box will appear. You can enter the required parameters and execute the pipeline.
The parameters depend on the pipeline. There will be no parameters if it is a simple pipeline with no configurations. You must enter the parameters if the pipeline has been configured. We will see examples of each.
- When manually executing the pipeline, we have configured a simple pipeline that deploys nginx, and we are not passing any parameters.
- In the above screenshot we can see a pipeline named ’LF-test-pipeline’. No changes have been made to the configuration stage. A Deploy(Manifest) stage has been configured, which deploys a Kubernetes manifest yaml/json file. deploy-nginx is the name of the stage. The screenshot is shown below. The details of adding stages are covered in previous sections.
- In 'Manifest Configuration,' we chose a Text-based manifest as the Manifest Source, and we put the Kubernetes manifest yaml file to deploy nginx there.
- Save our configuration by selecting the Save Changes option at the bottom right of the screen, as shown in the screenshot below.
- After saving our pipeline, we'll return to the screen where all of our pipelines are shown, configured for the appropriate application, by selecting the Pipeline tab at the top left of your screen as shown below.
The pipeline that we have configured is under the testapp application as shown in the screenshot. Configuring application has been explained in previous lessons.
- Click the PIPELINES option and we will see the below screen.
- Click on Start Manual Execution to run this pipeline.We'll get a confirmation window, and we'll see that we don't need to pass any parameters to run the pipeline, as we have not configured any.
We can see in the above screenshot that it says to select execution parameters, however as mentioned there is no parameter configured hence we do not need to pass any.
- Click on Run and the pipeline will be executed.
Kubernetes manifest yaml file for nginx deployment:
- port: 80
- name: nginx
- containerPort: 80