Deploy and Connect Spinnaker to Halyard
- Now that we have completed selecting Cloud Providers, Environment and Storage Solution, lets proceed further by selecting a version of Spinnaker and deploy/connect all the selected features.
Execute the below commands, to list all the available versions of Spinnaker to deploy
hal version list
Execute the below command, to finalize the version as per the requirement
hal config version edit --version $VERSION
Execute the below command to deploy all the changes
hal deploy apply [parameters]
If you’re deploying to your local machine, you might need
‘sudo hal deploy apply’.
- --auto-run: This command will generate a script to be run on your behalf. By default, the script will run without intervention - if you want to override this, provide “true” or “false” to this flag.
- --delete-orphaned-services: (Default: false) Deletes unused Spinnaker services after the deploy succeeds. This flag is not allowed when using the –service-names or –exclude-service-names arg.
- --deployment: If supplied, use this Halyard deployment. This will not create a new deployment.
- --exclude-service-names: (Default: ) When supplied, do not install or update the specified Spinnaker services.
- --flush-infrastructure-caches: (Default: false) WARNING: This is considered an advanced command, and may break your deployment if used incorrectly.
- This flushes infrastructure caches (clouddriver) after the deploy succeeds.
- --no-validate: (Default: false) Skip validation.
- --omit-config: (Default: false) WARNING: This is considered an advanced command, and may break your deployment if used incorrectly.
- This guarantees that no configuration will be generated for this deployment. This is useful for staging artifacts for later manual configuration.
- --prep-only: (Default: false) This does just the prep work, and not the actual deployment. Only useful at the moment if you want to just clone the repositories for a localgit setup.
- --service-names: (Default: ) When supplied, only install or update the specified Spinnaker services.
Connect to Spinnaker UI¶
Execute the below command to connect Spinnaket to the UI.
hal deploy connect
If required, set up an SSH tunnel to the host running Halyard. This command automatically forwards ports 9000 (Deck UI) and 8084 (Gate API service).
- Access the Spinnaker Console for validation of the enabled features.