Distributed Installation on Kubernetes
- This method is highly recommended, because of its own advantages like high scalability, high availability, Load Balancing and avoid downtime risk factor.
- Usually in distributed installation, Spinnaker is installed on a remote cloud, which will have the flexibility of deploying each microservice individually.
Execute the below steps to enable:¶
- Run the below command, using the $ACCOUNT which is created in the provider
hal config deploy edit --type distributed --account-name $ACCOUNT
- If the provider is not yet enabled, ensure to have it enabled on the environment where Spinnaker will be installed.
- As the distributed installation is done on Kubernetes cluster, refer the below
articles to configure provider
- Kubernetes (legacy provider)
- Kubernetes (Manifest Based)
- Ensure to have ‘kubectl’ to be installed on the machine where Halyard is installed.
During this process, ensure to shutdown ‘hal’ by executing the below command.
- Upon successful installation of ‘kubectl’, ensure to update the $PATH to ensure halyard can find the ‘kubectl’ installation.
After completion of all the steps above, ensure to restart Halyard daemon by executing any hal command.