Overview of AWS Cloud Provider¶
- In this chapter you can explore the process to setup Spinnaker by selecting AWS (Amazon Web Services) as a cloud provider.
- Here we discuss about the types of Spinnaker AWS provider accounts configured with Halyard.
There are two types of accounts in the Spinnaker AWS provider;
- Managing Accounts: By default there one managing account always exists. This serves spinnaker to achieve a large variety of features like authentication, role assumption for the managed accounts etc.
- Managed Accounts: This is more of an admin account. Where a user can perform
activities like, modifying resources in a managed account, grant assume role for a
managed account which also includes the managing account.
- Following are the best practices to configure AWS Cloud Provide. We can
choose one or more options as per the requirement
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) – Choose this method, to use Spinnaker via EC2 Instances.
- Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) – Choose this method, to manage containers in ECS.
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) – Choose this method, to manage containers in Amazon EKS. This method uses Kubernetes V2 (manifest based) Cloud driver.
- Following are the best practices to configure AWS Cloud Provide. We can choose one or more options as per the requirement