Halyard Installation on Docker:¶
Manual Permission changes on the .hal is mandatory to ensure halyard reads & write all of its components.
In this chapter we will learn the steps to Halyard on Docker.
As a Mandatory, ensure to have Docker CE installed.
On the machine create a local Halyard config directory
Steps to start halyard in a new Docker container¶
* Below steps is to create Halyard docker container ```yaml docker run -p 8084:8084 -p 9000:9000 \ --name halyard --rm \ -v ~/.hal:/home/spinnaker/.hal \ -it \ gcr.io/spinnaker-marketplace/halyard:stable ``` * This runs as a foreground process in your current shell. This is useful because it emits all of the Halyard daemon’s logs, which are not persisted.
Connect to halyard in a shell
yaml docker exec –it halyard bashHalyard interaction will be taken care from here
Execute the following to complete enable
- source <(hal --print-bash-completion)
- To get help with any hal command, append -h. Also, see the Halyard command Reference
Steps to Update Halyard on Docker¶
* Execute the below command to fetch the latest version of Halyard ```yaml docker pull gcr.io/spinnaker-marketlace/halyard:stable ``` * Execute the below command to stop running Halyard Container ```yaml docker stop halyard ``` * Follow the below to restart the updated container ```yaml docker run -p 8084:8084 -p 9000:9000 \ --name halyard --rm \ -v ~/.hal:/home/spinnaker/.hal \ -it \ gcr.io/spinnaker-marketplace/halyard:stable ```
- Follow the below to connect to the updated container
yaml docker exec –it halyard bash
Steps to uninstall Halyard on Docker¶
- Delete the container to uninstall halyard on Docker
docker rm halyard
To continue to deploy Spinnaker on the newly installed halyard, start choosing cloud providers to proceed further.